God (神, kami) is a gratuitously abused term in the NGE universe, used excessively broadly and often to mean more than one thing. It's hard to define, as well, since kami is both a concept unique to Shintoism and the Japanese translation of the Western term "G/god", which is something wildly different.
- "Are humans something created by a god (kami-sama)? Are humans something created by humans?" - Rei, Episode 14
- "Unit-01's the living embodiment of a god now, that's no good! We have no intention of reifying a god!" - SEELE, Episode 21
- "The Path to God, which no one has ever achieved..." - Gendo, Episode 21
- "Humans found a god (kami-sama), and, in their joy, tried to make it theirs." - Ritsuko, Episode 23
- "Gendo Ikari wants to attain the power of a god" - SEELE, Episode 24'
- "...join humans, G/god(s), and all living things in "death"" - SEELE, Episode 25'
- "Unit-01 has become something kinda like a god" - Fuyutsuki, Episode 26'
It also shows up in the Classified Information a ludicrous number of times. Its usages can be noted here, as well.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Neon Genesis Evangelion Wiki by expanding it.|