Before 2015 Japan had a population of several million people and was a well developed nation; then the Second Impact occured and this led to social unrest and war. Later on Tokyo is destroyed with an N² bomb and is replaced by Tokyo-2 then Tokyo-3. During this time the Evangelions were under construction by Gehirn (Later NERV), plus the United Nations is moved to Tokyo-3.
The year when the Angels start attacking. During several battles with the Angels many parts of Tokyo are destroyed and during the The End of Evangelion, Tokyo-3 is destroyed by an Anti A.T. Field set off by the Mass Production Evangelions.
The government of Japan is similar to its real life counterpart. Their government has its Prime Minister and the Diet (Japanese congress); however a lot of what the government does is controlled by the United Nations (which SEELE has major political and financial control of).
- Third Impact - During the The End of Evangelion
- Tokyo-3 destroyed by Anti A.T. Field set off by Mass Production Evangelions - During The End of Evangelion
- Near Third Impact - During the Rebuild of Evangelion movie Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
- Fourth Impact - During the Rebuild of Evangelion movie Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo
- Sachiel attacks at the start of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- Ireul attacks.
- Zeruel also attacks.
- Shamshel attacks
- Ramiel attacks
- Sandalphon attacks
- Matarael attacks
- Tabris attacks